Search Request | Object report
Altar of Mary (layman or choir screen altar)
Lost Art-ID
190230
Title
Altar of Mary (layman or choir screen altar)
Object type
Group of reported objects
Provenance
In addition to stained-glass windows from the cloister of the monastery of the Holy Cross and from St Mary's Church (coat-of-arms panes), stained-glass windows from the monastery church of the Holy Cross (Rostock University Church) were also removed in crates, first to the Reichsmünze Berlin and then from there in crates 1-9 to Erdmannsdorf Castle, Hirschberg District, and in crates 10-13 to Carolath Castle, Neusalz District. The lay or rood screen altar of the university church (the so-called Small Altar of the Virgin Mary) was also moved there. It was destroyed by bombing or the effects of the war and could no longer be found after 1945. These artefacts are not mentioned in the later reports on the return of archive and museum property from 1946.
Published since
Contact
Universität Rostock
Kustodie
18051 Rostock
Germany
Fax
(0381) 4982270
Permalink to this page